We continue our conversation with the directors of “The Great Hack,” Jehane Noujaim and Karim Amer, as well as former Cambridge Analytica employee Brittany Kaiser and propaganda researcher Emma Briant, about Cambridge Analytica’s parent company SCL Group’s history as a defense contractor. “We’re in a state of global information warfare now,” Briant says. “How do we know if our militaries develop technologies and the data that it has gathered on people, for instance, across the Middle East … how do we know when that is turning up in Yemen or when that is being utilized by an authoritarian regime against the human rights of its people or against us? How do we know that it’s not being manipulated by Russia, by Iran, by anybody who’s an enemy, by Saudi Arabia, for example, who SCL were also working with? We have no way of knowing, unless we open up this industry and hold these people properly accountable for what they’re doing.”
- Eva Bartlett with George Galloway on the Syrian Conflict
- The Assange Story: WikiLeaks Founder’s Journey from Whistleblowing Hero to Exile
- Roger Waters: Washington DC Have Decided They Want Julian Assange Killed!
- Israel’s Secret Program to Back Syrian Rebels
- Trump’s Plan to Legalise Occupation of Palestine is Apartheid